Odyssey Online Learning

Enroll Now

The first step to a high-quality education is as easy as filling out this form. Odyssey Online Learning strives to provide you with a quick and easy online enrollment process. When you fill out this form, you are ensuring your journey to a better education is guided by the best in high school online education. Please fill out the form below to begin the enrollment process. For all enrollment questions, please call (803) 735-9110 ext.2122.

If you would rather fill out the form and return by email, fax, or mail download enrollment form

Please be prepared to provide the following student information to the enrollment office: 

Current South Carolina Students

Unofficial Transcript - Must include every year of attendance, even if  repeating grade level
Proof of Residency: Internet Bill - Must be current & match address on your account

Upcoming 9th Graders & Out of State Students 

State Approved Birth Certificate 
Immunization Form DHEC 2740 - 
Must have grades 9-12 checked & signed
Report Card - 
Must be most recent 
Unofficial Transcript - 
Must include every year of attendance
Proof of Residency: Internet Bill - 
Must be current & match address on account

Three ways to return your completed forms and documents:

Scan and email to: enrollment@odysseyonline.com

Fax: (803) 701-9062

Mail: Odyssey Online Learning
200 Arbor Lake Drive Suite 301
Columbia SC 29223

Student Information

Parent/Guardian Name (if under 18 yrs old)

Contact Information

The South Carolina Public Charter School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, immigrant status, or national origin in its educational rograms and employment practices. Questions pertaining to Section 504 and Title IX, may be directed to the Directional of Exceptional Services at 803-734-8322, 3710 Forest Drive Suite 201, Columbia SC 29204

Student Enrollment Agreement

I understand that I am enrolling in a school that operates in a “virtual” environment.

Enrolling in this school means that your student will be attending a public school that has no physical classroom but still must meet all requirements for public schools in South Carolina as defined by Regulation R43-234. These requirements include but are not limited to: meeting compulsory attendance requirements, participating in mandatory state standardized testing, communicating regularly and professionally with school staff. I understand that while there is more flexibility than in a traditional school, students are still expected to attend school five days a week for an average of 5-7 hours per class, per week. I understand that participation in state standardized tests may require travel. Additional expectations are posted in the Parent/Student Handbook.

I understand that students are expected to log in daily to the Odyssey Online Learning system. According to the South Carolina Code of Regulations, students are considered truant when the student has three (3) consecutive unlawful absences or a total of five (5) unlawful absences. Students will be dropped from enrollment at Odyssey Online Learning when the number of unlawful days absent exceeds ten (10) consecutive days. To receive credit, students must attend at least 170 days of each 180-day year course, as well as meet the minimum requirements for each course. Any absence in excess of 10 may cause the student to lose credit for the year. To receive credit for a 90-day/semester course, students must attend at least 85 days of the course, as well as meet all minimum requirements for the course. Any absence in excess of 5 may cause the student to lose credit for the year. I understand that students and their parents or legal guardian(s) are subject to school-based truancy policies and practices.

State law provides that parents/legal guardians are responsible for ensuring that their student attends school. I understand that students must complete assigned lessons, submit specified assignments to their teachers online, and complete assessments. Students and/or their parents/legal guardians or designated representative are expected to participate in regular telephone, email, web conferencing, or if required, in person contact with an academic advisor.

Odyssey Online Learning students are expected to perform their school work independently. While students may not need adult supervision during the school day, they must still be in a safe and secure environment. I understand that by enrolling in an online school, I will need to provide my child with a computer that meets the school’s minimum technical requirements as well as reliable internet access. I understand that not having access to a working computer or internet does not excuse absences.

Student Service Intake Information

Odyssey Online Learning is fully committed to providing quality education to all of our students, including those with special needs. We need your help, so please complete this page with care.

Section 1

Section 2

We want to ensure that all enrolling families are aware of School Policies and Enrollment Expectations. Odyssey Online requires that each student has a designated adult, known as the Learning Coach, who will have the primary responsibility of being actively involved in all school related work and activities. Learning Coaches are the primary point of contact for all teachers and Academic Staff. If you choose to select someone other than yourself as the Learning Coach, please note that Legal Guardians are still ultimately responsible in ensuring adherence to school policies. A Learning Coach actively monitors, assists, and motivates the student on a daily basis to ensure academic progress and adherence. The role and responsibilities of the Learning Coach varies based on the student’s grade level.

Grades K- 5th

In grades K-5, the Learning Coach works side-by-side with a student to facilitate progress through daily lessons. While the teacher oversees all facets of the instructional experience for each subject, the Learning Coach’s constant guidance and support through each lesson is critical for a young learner. The Learning Coach communicates regularly with the student?s teacher and establishes proper scheduling, pacing and advanced preparation for lessons. A K-5 Learning Coach ensures that the student is making adequate progress in all courses and meeting program expectations. Learning Coaches of K-5 students can expect to spend 3-6 hours per day supporting their child's education.

Grades 6th- 8th

In Middle School students begin to develop more independence and take a more active role in their learning. The support of a Learning Coach is critical during this transition. A Middle School Learning Coach is responsible for working closely with the student’s teacher(s) to monitor all aspects of a child’s online schooling experience. The Learning Coach ensures that the student is engaged in schooling each day, meeting program requirements and deadlines, staying on track with scheduling and pacing, and collaborating with his teacher when additional support is needed. While students begin to gain independence in Middle School, they still need consistent guidance and support from a Learning Coach to ensure academic success. Learning Coaches of Middle School students can expect to spend 2-4 hours per day supporting their child's education.

Grades 9th- 12th

In High School the Learning Coach is referred to as the student’s Mentor. The Mentor helps the student stay on task and ensure the student is following through on his or her assignments while the student is expected to manage his or her own time and schedule directly. High School courses are taught by teachers specifically experienced in their respective subjects, so the student has a different teacher for each subject. These teachers are responsible for reviewing all student work and providing instructional feedback. The student is expected to move at a consistent pace with her or his class in each subject.

Please review the Acknowledgement of Expectations and School Policies document before selecting the student’s Learning Coach to ensure you fully understand this role and its responsibilities.

SECTION 3 – FILL OUT ONLY IF YOUR CHILD HAS A CURRENT IEP OR 504 PLAN

What type of plan does your Student have?
If your student has either of these, Odyssey Online Learning must receive a copy in order to process your enrollment
Diagnosis (check all that apply):
Choose a Language

Schools Previously Attended

Please list most recent school attended first. Please fill out all fields to better assist us in obtaining records

School 1

School 2

School 3

Family Income Form

Please Complete One Application Per Household

Instructions

IF ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD RECEIVES SNAP &/OR TANF BENEFITS
Part 1: (A) List all household members. A household member is any child or adult living with you. (B) List the school each child attends. (C) For any person (including children) with no income, check the “No Income” box. (D) Check box if any household member is a SNAP or TANF recipient. (E) List the case number for any household member (including adults) receiving SNAP and/or TANF benefits.
Part 2: If any child you are applying for is homeless, migrant, a runaway, or head start recipient check the appropriate box and call (insert name of homeless/migrant/runaway/head start coordinator) at (insert phone #).
Skip Part 3.
Part 4: An adult household member must sign, complete requested information, and list the last four digits of their Social Security Number (or mark the box if she/he doesn’t have one).
Part 5: Answer this question, if you choose.

IF NO ONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD GETS SNAP OR TANF BENEFITS, BUT A CHILD IS HOMELESS, A MIGRANT, RUNAWAY OR HEAD START
Part 1: (A) List all household members. A household member is any child or adult living with you. (B) List the school each child attends. Skip Parts 1 (C), (D), (E)
Part 2: Check the appropriate box for the child you are applying for who is homeless, migrant, a runaway, or head start and call (insert name of homeless/migrant/runaway/head start coordinator) at (insert phone #).
Part 3.Complete this section using the instructions shown below for “All Other Households.”

IF YOU HAVE A FOSTER CHILD
If all children in the household are foster children:
Part 1: (A) List all household members. A household member is any child or adult living with you. (B) List the school each child attends. (C) For any person (including children) with no income, check the “No Income” box. (D) Check if SNAP or TANF recipient. (E) List the case number for any household member (including adults) receiving SNAP and/or TANF benefits.
Part 2: Check the Foster Child box.
Skip Part 3.

If only some of the children in the household are foster children:
Part 1: (A) List all household members. A household member is any child or adult living with you. (B) List the school each child attends. (C) For any person (including children) with no income, check the “No Income” box. (D) Check box if SNAP or TANF recipient. (E) List the case number for any household member (including adults) receiving SNAP and/or TANF benefits.
Part 2: If any child is homeless, migrant, or a runaway, check the appropriate box and call (insert name), call (insert name of homeless/migrant/runaway/head start coordinator) at (insert phone #)
Part 3. Complete this section using the instructions shown below for “All Other Households.”

ALL OTHER HOUSEHOLDS
Part 2: If any child is homeless, migrant, or a runaway, check the appropriate box and call (insert name of homeless/migrant/runaway coordinator) at (insert phone #).
Part 3.(A.) List all household members (including children) with income. (B.) For each household member, list each type of income received for the month and how often it is received - (For example: A – Annually, M – Monthly, BM - Bi-monthly, W - Weekly, BW- Bi-weekly). List gross income from a pay stub before taxes and other deductions, not take-home pay. For ONLY the self- employed, under “Gross Earnings from Work,” report income after expenses for your business, farm, or rental property. If you are in the Military Privatized Housing Initiative or get combat pay, do not include these amounts as income. List the amount each person got for the month from welfare, child support, alimony, pensions, retirement, Social Security. (C.) For other income, list Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veteran’s (VA) benefits, and/or disability benefits. Under “All Other Income,” list workers’ compensation, unemployment, or strike benefits, regular contributions from people who do not live in your household, and any other income. Do not include income from SNAP, WIC, Federal education benefits and foster payments received by the household from the placing agency.

Part 1

(A) Names of ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS (First, Middle Initial, Last)

(B) Name of Each Child’s School or Indicate NA if Child is NOT in School

(C) Place a check in the box if NO income

(D) Check benefits received

SNAP or TANF Case # (not EBT card #)

Part 2

Place a check in the box below if a child listed above is a foster child, homeless, migrant, runaway, or head start child

Part 3

Total Household Gross Income—You must tell us how much and how often.

A. Name (List ONLY household members with income) B. List income and circle how often it’s received. Record each income only once.
(A – Annually, M – Monthly, BM - Bi-monthly, W - Weekly, BW - Bi-weekly)
  Earnings from work before deductions Welfare, child support, alimony Pensions, retirement, Social Security C. List other Income

Part 4

Signature and Last Four Digits of the Social Security Number

Part 5

Children’s racial and ethnic identities*

Annual Income Conversion (for school district use only)

Weekly x 52

Every 2 weeks X 26

Twice a Month x 24

Monthly x 12

FERPA Acknowledgement Form

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) afford parents and students certain rights and responsibilities regarding the student’s education records. Odyssey Online Learning’s FERPA policy can be found on the subsequent form and may be retained for your records. Odyssey Online Learning and its designated curriculum provider, have found that to best serve the student’s education needs, it is necessary to disclose a student’s name and address to the classes of vendors identified in the subsequent policy document that provide important services related to your student’s education. In all cases, these vendors will have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of the student’s name and address and not to use the information for purposes other than that contracted for the student’s educational needs. Please review the policy and sign the below acknowledgement.

Disclosure to Parents of Dependent Students and Consent Form for Disclosure to Parents

Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Odyssey Online Learning SC is permitted to disclose information from your education records to your parents if your parents (or one of your parents) claim you as a dependent for federal tax purposes. Please indicate whether your parents claim you as a tax dependent.

If you are not claimed as a dependent or you do not know whether you are claimed as a dependent for federal income tax purposes, but you agree that Odyssey Online Learning SC may disclose information from your education records to your parents, please sign the following consent:

I consent to the disclosure of any personally identifiable information from my education records to my parent(s), for reasons determined by the Odyssey Online Learning as appropriate. This authorization will remain in effect for the 2016-2017 school year.*

If parents live at the same address, please list both in number 1.

1.

2.

*Students cannot be denied any educational services from Odyssey Online Learning if they refuse to provide consent.

Student Information and Publicity Release Form

Publicity Release Opt Out (optional, complete only if wishing to opt out)
Odyssey Online Learning likes to celebrate our students and their successes and achievements. From time to time our school staff and marketing departments may take photographs or videos at school activities and events and we ask for your permission to use any images of your student for commercial and non-commercial purposes including print, digital/electronic, via the Internet and otherwise. If the student’s name is used, only the student’s first name will be used, unless requested otherwise and explicitly. If this limited and defined use is acceptable, no other action is required.

If it is not acceptable you have the right to deny such a request in the area below. Odyssey Online Learning will also publish a school directory available only to Odyssey Online Learning families. The information used in the directory will be limited to household address, phone number and email addresses on file for the student and parents. If you wish for this information to not be released you may request that in the area below

State Testing Acknowledgement

I understand that students are required to participate in all state and school standardized testing and to comply with the terms of the Parent/Student Handbook. I understand that participating in state standardized testing may require travel. Standardized testing is administered to specific groups of students throughout the year.

Odyssey Online Learning FERPA Policy – For Your Records

Annual Notice of Rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Odyssey Online Learning protects the confidentiality of personally identifiable information regarding its eligible, thought to be eligible, and protected handicapped students (if not protected by IDEA) in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and implementing regulations as well as IDEA and its implementing regulations. Education records are records that are directly related to the student, including computer media and videotape, which are maintained by an educational agency or by a party acting for the agency. “Educational agency”, for purposes of this notice, means Odyssey Online Learning. For all students, the educational agency maintains education records which include but are not limited to: Personally identifiable information is confidential information that includes but is not limited to the students’ name, name of parents and other family members, the address of the student or student’s family, and personal information or personal characteristics which would make the student’s identity easily traceable. Directory information is information contained in an education record of a student which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. It includes but is not limited to, the student’s name, address, telephone number, electronic mail address, photograph, date and place of birth, major field of study, grade level, enrollment status (e.g., undergraduate or graduate, full-time or part-time), participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, degrees, honors and awards received, and the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) afford parents and students over 18 years of age (“eligible students”) certain rights with respect to the student’s education records. They are: Parents have the right to inspect and review a child’s education record. Odyssey Online Learning will comply with a request to inspect and review education records without unnecessary delay and before any meeting regarding and IEP or any due process hearing, but in no case more than 45 days after the request has been made. Requests should be submitted in writing, indicating the records the parents wish to inspect, to the school principal or other designated school official. Parents have the right to a response from the school to reasonable requests for explanations and interpretations of the records. Parents have the right to request copies of the records. While Odyssey Online Learning cannot charge a fee to search for or to retrieve information, it may charge a copying fee as long as it does not effectively prevent the parents from exercising their right to inspect and review the records. Parents have the right to appoint a representative to inspect and review their child’s records. If any education record contains information on more than one child, parents have the right only to inspect and review the information relating to their child. If parents think information in an education record is inaccurate, misleading or violates the privacy or other rights of their child, they may request amendment of the record. Requests should be in writing and clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. Odyssey Online Learning will decide whether to amend the record and will notify the parents in writing of its decision. If Odyssey Online Learning refuses to amend a record, it will notify the parents of their right to a hearing to challenge the disputed information. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the parents or eligible student when notified of the right to a hearing. Odyssey Online Learning will inform parents when personally identifiable information is no longer needed to provide educational services to a child. Such information must be destroyed at the request of the parents. Parents have a right to receive a copy of the material to be destroyed. However, a permanent record of a student’s name, address, and telephone number, his or her grades, attendance record, classes attended, grade level completed, and year completed may be maintained without the limitation. “Destruction” of records means physical destruction or removal of personal identifiers from information so that the information is no longer personally identifiable. The school will provide, upon request, a listing of the types and locations of education records maintained, the school officials responsible for these records, and the personnel authorized to see personally identifiable information. Such personnel receive training and instruction regarding confidentiality. The school keeps a record of parties obtaining access to education records, including the name of the party, the date access was given, and the purpose for which the party is authorized to use the records. Parents have the right to consent or refuse to consent to disclosure of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. “Consent” means: the parent (s) have been fully informed regarding the activity requiring consent, in their native language or other mode of communication; they understand and agree in writing to the activity; and they understand that consent is voluntary and maybe revoked at any time, information may be disclosed without consent to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the school, supervisor, instructor, or support staff member (including health or medical staff and law enforcement unit personnel); state agency representative, person or company with whom the school has contracted to perform a special task (such as an attorney, auditor, medical consultant, or therapist); or a parent or student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility. Directory information may be released without parent consent. Parents have the right to refuse to let an agency designate any or all of the above information as directory information. Upon written request, Odyssey Online Learning discloses education records without consent to officials of another school district in which a student seeks or intends to enroll. Parents have a right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by Odyssey Online Learningto comply with the requirements of FERPA. Complaints may be filed with the Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20202-4605.

How to request a copy of your Immunization Records

The state of South Carolina makes it simple for you to receive a certified copy of your Immunization Records, regardless of what county you live in. Start by asking your student’s doctor’s office or the county public health department where you received immunizations.

Contact numbers for county health departments can be found at: http://www.scdhec.gov/health/countymap.htm. For more information, you can also link to the Regional Immunization Program manager’s contact information at: http://www.scdhec.gov/health/disease/immunization/contacts.htm or contact the DHEC Immunization Division at 1800-277-4687.

*ALL IMMUNIZATION RECORDS MUST BE ON SCDHEC
FORM DHEC 2740

How to request a copy of your South Carolina Birth Certificate

The state of South Carolina makes it simple for you to receive a certified copy of your South Carolina Birth Certificate, regardless of what county you live in.

To find out more information and/or to request a certified copy of your South Carolina Birth Certificate, please contact the Department of Health and Environmental Control. Contact information is as follows:

Phone: 803.898-3630
Email: saleebap@dhec.sc.gov
Website: http://www.dhec.sc.gov/administration/vr/birth.htm

Vital Statistics Offices:

http://www.dhec.sc.gov/administration/vr/locations.htm

Mail: South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control 2600 Bull Street Columbia, SC 29201

Yes

Yes