Odyssey Online Learning

Parent Resources

By the time your student reaches high school, nobody has to tell you that parenting is indeed the hardest job in the world. Through the good times and the challenges, you’re always there for your child – and you’ve probably felt like you were on your own more than once.

Parenting a high schooler can be tough – especially in a traditional school environment. Our Odyssey Online Learning parents regularly tell us that enrolling their students here was the best decision they’ve ever made.

Communication is Key

What parent hasn’t experienced the frustration of feeling like they were in the dark about their student’s high school education? In traditional school settings, the teachers and administration are often stretched beyond their capacity to manage so many students – and interaction with parents is a dreaded burden.

Not so at Odyssey Online Learning! Here, our approach to education is based on clear communication. We know that when parents are involved and informed, students achieve greater success.

Communication is the core of parent involvement at OOL. We want you to know what’s going on with your student and how learning is progressing. You’ll have access to your student’s courses so you can see what we’re learning each week. You’ll also get a unique login for our Parent Portal, allowing you to stay abreast of your student’s grades, attendance, and progress. If your student is struggling, you’ll be one of the first to know – rather than finding out when it’s too late. Even better, when your student is succeeding, you’ll know that, too – and we hope you’ll join us in celebrating that progress.

Guidance at Every Step

Each student at Odyssey Online Learning is assigned an academic advisor – and you’ll get to know that advisor as well. By touching base on a regular basis, you’ll be assured that your student is making progress, staying on-track, and getting the attention needed for successful course completion.

In addition to your student’s academic advisor, you’ll want to get to know our guidance staff. Traditional high schools have guidance counselors on-staff to help students prepare for college, technical school, or the workforce after high school – and we provide that sort of guidance for our students as well. Plus, our guidance staff can help your student get involved with extracurricular activities for a well-rounded high school experience.

At Odyssey Online Learning, You're Never Alone

We think you’ll find the learning environment here is far less stressful, overwhelming, and confusing than any school experience your family has had until now. The support and encouragement we have aren’t just for your student – it’s for you as well.

If you have questions about our school or would like to take the next steps toward enrolling your student, please contact us. We look forward to welcoming your family into the OOL community.

Resources

• Parent-Student Handbook 2017-2018

VIEW