Odyssey Online Learning

February 2018 Student of the Month

Janna DeCamps - Friday, March 23, 2018

Congratulations to Alice Fricke for being Student of the Month for February 2018!!! She has TWELVE classes this year and is managing them all. Alice is one of our best students who qualifies as a good advocate for herself. Anytime she does not understand something, she will reach out and ask for help or clarification. She is always kind, thankful and polite. She is a rock star!

I am 18 years old and currently live in Sumter, SC. I started online school because I did not want to be bullied anymore and I did not like the drama in public schools. I really like that I can work at my own pace now, that I am doing better in school, and that the teachers are there to support me when I need help. My favorite subject in school is math, and I study best when I can complete school assignments at work since I do not have as many distractions there. Beyond high school, I plan on going to college to work with children or to become a nurse. Outside of school my favorite hobby is to hang with my family and friends. I feel like I cannot live my life fully without my family or fiancé by my side. I look up to several people, so I do not have just one hero; however, I do consider the Disney princess, Belle, to be one of my heroes. Since Belle reads a lot and falls in love with someone based on who he really is rather than on his looks, she inspires me to be like her.

We are so proud of you, Alice!!

BACK