Odyssey Online Learning

October 2017 Student of the Month

Janna DeCamps - Thursday, November 02, 2017

We are excited to announce that Merissa McCombs is Student of the Month for October 2017. Merissa lives in Sumter, South Carolina, and plans to attend college to become a veterinarian after graduating high school. Her favorite subjects are English IV and History. Outside of school, she enjoys helping her parents, playing with her dogs, and watching Netflix.

Merissa is an awesome student who has struggled in the past but has come back this year roaring to go. She always attends live lessons and asks questions when she needs help.  Merissa also participates in class games and her writing has been phenomenal. She demonstrated her determination and dedication to be successful in school when she finished American History two weeks early. 

Merissa chose Odyssey Online, so she could have the flexibility to work around her illnesses. She enjoys attending online school because there is no drama or distractions to keep her from focusing on school. Before when attending school in a brick and mortar setting, Merissa would get sick frequently and had a hard time keeping up with her classes and the required assignments. Not only does she find it to be much easier to keep up with her school work, but she is also able to stay at home and help her mom, which means a lot to her since her mom suffers from breathing attacks and seizures. Her favorite part of attending Odyssey Online is how much time and attention she gets from her teachers and her advisor.  

Merissa is a true testament to what persistence and dedication look like at school, and we are so lucky to have her at OOL!

BACK