Odyssey Online Learning - Logo
This is a placeholder for the Yext Knolwedge Tags. This message will not appear on the live site, but only within the editor. The Yext Knowledge Tags are successfully installed and will be added to the website.
,

A Blueprint for Student Success at OOL

by Mrs. Laura Reames

๏ปฟAchieving success in virtual high school demands intentional efforts. Whether you're well-versed in online learning or just beginning to explore what it offers, success requires hard work, focus, and the acknowledgment that asking for help is a strength, not a weakness. 

Let's dive into the blueprint for student success at Odyssey Online Learning.

The Importance of Creating a Schedule:

A schedule is essential in the virtual high school setting. At Odyssey Online Learning, Live Lessons for core classes run Monday to Thursday, from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM; electives Live Lessons are offered on Fridays. Additional support is available from 2 PM to 3 PM, where teachers and staff are accessible for open office hours, extra help, Masterclasses, and interventions. 

Creating your schedule around Live Lessons is important for maximizing engagement with your teachers and carving out dedicated time for receiving personalized instruction. Creating a schedule also offers additional time to work independently on coursework, balancing synchronous and self-directed learning.

Utilizing Tools for Time Management:

Navigating time management and maintaining a distraction-free environment can be challenging for virtual high school students.

One effective strategy for staying focused is the
Pomodoro Method, a time management technique. This technique breaks study sessions into 25-minute intervals, each followed by short breaks. Searching for the "Pomodoro Method" online yields countless apps. These apps offer customizable timers, encouraging a structured and focused study session. Some apps integrate with web browsers, temporarily blocking specific websites while you work. Incorporating the Pomodoro Method into your daily schedule, especially when you work independently on coursework, can boost productivity and minimize distractions. 

Knowing When to Ask for Help:

Maintaining a balance between independence and support is vital in virtual high school. While independence is commendable, recognizing when to ask for help holds equal importance. Think of your teachers and Student Engagement Specialists (SESs) as reliable sources of assistance. Feel free to reach out without hesitation; they are here to support you.

Staying in Contact with Teachers and SESs:

Clear communication is also required for success at Odyssey Online Learning. Your teachers and Student Engagement Specialists (SESs) are invested in your education and are here to help you reach the finish line. Actively reaching out, asking questions, and allowing them to support you are essential. Keeping communication lines open and returning their phone calls and text messages ensures all requirements are met within the virtual learning environment.

Taking Control of Your Own Learning:

You're not just a passive participant in your education. While teachers and Student Engagement Specialists (SESs) want you to succeed, you ultimately control your learning. Take charge by setting goals, exploring topics of interest, and making your education a personalized adventure.

As a virtual high school student, remember you're not alone. Success is an achievable reality. With careful planning, determination, and intentionality, you have the blueprint to build your success at Odyssey Online Learning.

Odyssey Online Learning - Blog

By By Ms. Janna DeCamps 02 May, 2024
Finishing the Year Strong - Tips for Students to End the School Year on a High Note
By Mrs. Patti Rubenzer 01 Apr, 2024
You Are The Driver of Your Educational Journey By Mrs. Patti Rubenzer
By Mrs. Christina Talley 01 Mar, 2024
What is the difference between in-person and virtual learning? By Mrs. Christina Talley
By By Jennifer Conwell 07 Feb, 2024
Homework Hustle: Using AI to Schedule Your School Day by Mrs. Jennifer Conwell
More Posts
Share by: