Odyssey Online Learning

Odyssey Online Learning's Board Members and Board Minutes

• Image

Board Meetings

Please click the links below to view the agendas and minutes:

2019-2020 School Year

July 12, 2019 at 5:30pm -Regular Meeting Agenda and Minutes

July 20, 2019 at 9am  Board Retreat Agenda and Minutes 

August 6, 2019 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting Agenda

August 26, 2019 at 5:15pm Special Meeting Agenda

September 3, 2019 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting Agenda

October 1, 2019 at 5:30pm

November 5, 2019 at 5:30pm

December 3, 2019 at 5:30pm

January 7, 2020 at 5:30pm

February 4, 2020 at 5:30pm

March 3, 2020 at 5:30pm

April 7, 2020 at 5:30 pm

May 5, 2020 at 5:30pm

June 2, 2020 at 5:30pm

2018-2019 School Year

June 25, 2019: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

June 4, 2019: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

May 30, 2019: Special Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

May 14, 2019: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

April 11. 2019: Board Meeting Agenda   and Minutes

March 14, 2019: Special Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

March 5, 2019: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

February 26, 2019: Special Board Meeting Agenda  and Minutes

February 14, 2019: Emergency Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

February 5, 2019: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

January 16, 2019: Board of Trustees Charter Workshop Minutes and Agenda

January 8, 2019: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

December 4, 2018: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

November 5, 2018: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

October 23, 2018: Special Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

October 9, 2018: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

September 7, 2018: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

August 10, 2018: Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes

• Image

Dr. Angelica Christie

Board Member

Dr. Angelica Christie is accountable for staffing, supervising and leading the Academic Affairs and Student Services Division of Denmark Technical College to meet the goals of the College, its students and the needs of the service area. In her role as Vice President, she provides academic and student affairs leadership for the campus community and serves as liaison to external constituents including secondary and post-secondary educational entities, academic advisory boards and key business and industry officials.

A committed lifelong learner, Dr. Christie holds a B.A. in English Literature and communications minor from Francis Marion College, an M.Ed. in Guidance and Counseling Services with an emphasis in Student Affairs from Clemson University, and a graduate certificate in Organizational Leadership and Non-profit Management conferred by Columbia College. Angelica completed her doctoral studies in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment with the Richard Riley College of Education of Walden University. Her doctoral research focused on examining the efficacy of health career pipeline programs. Dr. Christie is a native of Greenville, South Carolina, and along with her husband, André is the proud parent of Shelby, Errol, Taylor, and Ehren.

• Image

Mr. Alex White

Board Treasurer

Alexander M. White serves as Deputy Chief Privacy Officer in the South Carolina Department of Administration Enterprise Privacy Office, which supports privacy compliance and best practices for state agencies and entities.

Alex is an attorney licensed in Illinois and the District of Columbia and serves on several national advisory groups, including the International Association of Privacy Professionals' Privacy Bar Section Advisory Board as well as the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Data Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee (DPIAC).

Prior to joining the State of South Carolina, Alex worked in the insurance industry and served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Chicago Virtual Charter School. He is a two-time graduate of the University of Georgia, where he earned a bachelor's degree in history and a Juris Doctor.

• Image

Mrs. Amy Cox

Board Member

Amy Cox is currently the SVP, Director of Employee Strategy at South State Bank. Amy has 20 years of Human Resources experience in the areas of employee engagement, business strategy, organizational design and effectiveness, succession and workforce planning, performance management, compensation, recruitment, and compliance. Amy’s education in Psychology and Business from The College of Charleston along with her certifications of PHR and SHRM-CP have helped the companies she has worked for grow and perform at top levels.

Amy has a passion for growing leaders which involves working directly with leaders on their career goals and hiring talented employees to work with them. Amy understands that her future employees are being molded today in all types of schools including brick and mortar and virtual environments similar to the work environment of today. She is eager to ensure her company, industry, and state are ready for that future and that means working with schools and children now to ensure they are ready for the workforce.

• Image

Mrs. Penny McDaniel

Board Member

Penny McDaniel has over 20 years of experience in Property/Casualty Insurance. She is a licensed Property/Casualty Adjuster in both South Carolina and Florida. As a Property/Casualty Adjuster she has handled multiple lines of insurance business (Workers Compensation, Auto and Property Claims), assisted with business strategy and development, organization and development of good business practice through the years.

Through her work as a Property/Casualty Adjuster, she has worked with many diverse cultures and individuals during their most vulnerable time to get through a difficult situation. Penny’s empathy and compassion for working with people have assisted many companies with building great customer service and making difficult situations better for everyone. Penny has an Associate Degree in Business Administration and Paralegal Studies. Penny has volunteered with The Salvation Army and The Red Cross in many catastrophe situations. She currently volunteers with the Boy Scouts of America and has been in several roles over the last 8 years.

Penny is looking forward to the work she will do as a board member for Odyssey Online Learning. She feels that the compassion she has for working with people will help grow Odyssey Online Learning in becoming one of the top choices in schools. Not only is she a parent to a student at Odyssey Online Learning but she believes in the program and that every family should have access to good quality learning. Odyssey Online Learning is the way for future learning and she believes that it enables a student to be prepared for the future.

• Image

Mrs. Tracey Stuckey

Board Secretary

Tracey Stuckey is the Owner/Director of the Hemingway Day School in Williamsburg County. She was one of the earliest National Board Certified teachers in our state and has over 25 years of public and private school teaching experience in South Carolina.  In 1999, she worked with other NBCTs and Governor Hodges to develop the Network of Board Certified Teachers, which instituted the $7,500 pay raise for teachers in South Carolina holding this elite credential. 

Tracey continues to coach South Carolina teachers through the National Board Certification process in elementary through high school. In 2008, Tracey was named 2 nd Best Education Blogger by the Bill Gates Foundation.  In addition, she was a finalist for the Carolyn Kepcher and YAHOO! Seeds for Success – Empowering Women Entrepreneurs program.  In 2012, Tracey was named to the Mickelson/Exxon Mobile Teacher’s Academy as a leader in the field of STEM education for elementary aged students.  She is also a former Early Interventionist for Baby Net, where she holds an Infant/Toddler Specialist certification.

Currently, she is an NBCT assessor and national scorer for both the PARCC and Smarter Balanced writing exams for students in 3rd-8th  grade. She is also a current member in many professional educational organizations that support her continued professional growth which contributes to increased student learning and engagement. She has served on local non-profit boards for RALI-Williamsburg and Williamsburg County Adult Education.

She looks forward to the work she will do as a board member for Odyssey Online Learning since one of her greatest passions is providing quality school choice for families in South Carolina. 

• Image

Mr. Thomas Scott

Board Chairman

Thomas Scott (Tom) is the Executive Director of SC Cyber. With over 25 years of State Government experience in both Florida and South Carolina, Tom has developed a wealth of knowledge and experience in protecting State critical infrastructure and cyber assets. He currently holds certifications in information security, information auditing, security leadership, and project management – he is also recognized as a FEMA Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Practitioner.

Tom is a member of the FBI’s InfraGard program and serves as an advisory board member for the Dutch Fork High School Cyber program. He has actively participated in the federal information security community by serving as a member of the MS-ISAC’s Education and Business Continuity work-groups. He was recently elected to the MS-ISAC’s Executive Committee and selected to serve on the Board of the SC Midlands Chapter of ISACA.

Tom recently was asked to join the Industry Advisory Board for the USC Integrated IT program as well elected to the Board for the Odyssey Online Learning.

• Image

Dr. Trent Salvaggio

Board Vice Chairman

Dr. Trent Salvaggio is the Executive Director of the Internet of Things Talent Consortium, an industry non-profit whose members include Cisco, General Electric, Microsoft, MIT Sloan School of Management, Rockwell Automation, Global Knowledge, Pearson, New York Academy of Sciences, and the State of Illinois. He is responsible for leading the organization in its cross-industry efforts to inspire, create, and grow the organizations and workforces needed to drive IoT enabled digital transformation.

Prior to his current role, Trent was a professor at the College of Charleston School of Business, where he published original research and taught courses in Management, Leadership, Organizational Behavior, and Business Strategy.  Trent has also served in a variety of senior-level leadership positions with multi-national and Fortune 500 corporations driving enterprise-wide change and development efforts.

Trent earned a Ph.D. from Trident University International for research surrounding leadership in virtual environments as well as an MBA and BA from Charleston Southern University in Charleston, SC.