Odyssey Online Learning

Meet Our Board

• Image

Tracey Stuckey

Board Secretary

Tracey Stuckey is the Owner/Director of the Hemingway Day School in Williamsburg County. She was one of the earliest National Board Certified teachers in our state, and has over 25 years of public and private school teaching experience in South Carolina.  In 1999, she worked with other NBCTs and Governor Hodges to develop the Network of Board Certified Teachers, which instituted the $7,500 pay raise for teachers in South Carolina holding this elite credential.  Tracey continues to coach South Carolina teachers through the National Board Certification process in elementary through high school. In 2008, Tracey was named 2nd Best Education Blogger by the Bill Gates Foundation.  In addition, she was a finalist for the Carolyn Kepcher and YAHOO! Seeds for Success – Empowering Women Entrepreneurs program.  In 2012, Tracey was named to the Mickelson/Exxon Mobile Teacher’s Academy as a leader in the field of STEM education for elementary aged students.  She is also a former Early Interventionist for Baby Net, where she holds an Infant/Toddler Specialist certification. Currently, she is a NBCT assessor and national scorer for both the PARCC and Smarter Balanced writing exams for students in 3rd-8th grade.  She is also a current member in many professional educational organizations that support her continued professional growth which contribute to increased student learning and engagement. She has served on local non-profit boards for RALI-Williamsburg and Williamsburg County Adult Education. She looks forward to the work she will do as a board member for Odyssey Online Learning, since one of her greatest passions is providing quality school choice for families in South Carolina. 

• Image

Thomas Scott

Board Chairman

Thomas Scott (Tom) is the Executive Director of SC Cyber. With over 25 years of State Government experience in both Florida and South Carolina, Tom has developed a wealth of knowledge and experience in protecting State critical infrastructure and cyber assets.  He currently holds certifications in information security, information auditing, security leadership, and project management – he is also recognized a FEMA Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Practitioner. Tom is a member of the FBI’s InfraGard program and serves as an advisory board member for the Dutch Fork High School Cyber program. He has actively participated in the federal information security community by serving as a member of the MS-ISAC’s Education and Business Continuity workgroups. He was recently elected to the MS-ISAC’s Executive Committee and selected to serve on the Board of the SC Midlands Chapter of ISACA. Tom recently was asked to join the Industry Advisory Board for the USC Integrated IT program as well elected to the Board for the OdysseyOnline Learning.

• Image

Tina Pope

Board Member

Tina Pope is the mother of a second year Odyssey Online Learning student, Bryson Pope. She was an early advocate of online schools and school choice in the state of South Carolina.  Although she is currently a stay at home mom, Tina has worked for the state of South Carolina as a property and casualty producer.  In addition, she has worked as a secretary for McLeod Hospice in Florence, South Carolina.  Tina is excited about serving as a board member for Odyssey Online Learning to support the school’s growth and student opportunities.

• Image

Trent Salvaggio

Board Vice Chairman

Dr. Trent Salvaggio is the Executive Director of the Internet of Things Talent Consortium, an industry non-profit whose members include Cisco, General Electric, Microsoft, MIT Sloan School of Management, Rockwell Automation, Global Knowledge, Pearson, New York Academy of Sciences, and the State of Illinois. He is responsible for leading the organization in its cross-industry efforts to inspire, create, and grow the organizations and workforces needed to drive IoT enabled digital transformation.

Prior to his current role, Trent was a professor at the College of Charleston School of Business, where he published original research and taught courses in Management, Leadership, Organizational Behavior, and Business Strategy.  Trent has also served in a variety of senior level leadership positions with multi-national and Fortune 500 corporations driving enterprise wide change and development efforts.

Trent earned a PhD from Trident University International for research surrounding leadership in virtual environments as well as an MBA and BA from Charleston Southern University in Charleston, SC.